Thursday, April 30, 2009

Yee Sang/鱼生/raw fish ala Tawau style


Today I gonna introduce one of my all time favorite food which is Yee Sang/鱼生/raw fish. Wait... I am not referring to those "Loa Sang/捞生" which we always have during the Chinese New Year time. This Tawau style yee sang is different and to me it is more delicious than any loa seng that I had before while I still working in KL.

The ingredients for this dish are simple... the core ingredients are thin raw fish slice, ginger, vinegar, sesame oil... others such as onion/chilis oil are optional. To make this dish, you just mix the fish slices with ginger slices, abit sesame oil and pour some vinegar to marinate for few minutes and you are good to go. If you like spicy taste you may add in some chilis oil or add some onions to add more aroma. Ok.. enough from me and let the pics do the talking.


Mix the fish slices with ginger slice, onion


Pour in the vinegar, sesame oil


This delicious yee sang is ready to be served :D

2 comments:

julieann said...

wohhhh... LOOKS not bad.. but it seems it's a bit too..... like the sauce is a bit too much??

Calvin said...

a bit too?? Yup the seller give too much 'sauce' (as you called it) and I pour everything in lo :P

 
Blogger Template Layout Design by [ METAMUSE ] : Code Name Gadget 1.1