Monday, March 02, 2009

Are you a "Yes Man"?



Last night I was bored and thinking what to do to kill my time. The idea of playing NDS is out since I had spent couple of hours in the afternoon in "Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon"... I want to give it a break.

So I decided to watch the newly bought DVDs by my bro (thanks Jimmy). The titles that I shortlisted were "Red Cliff" (Chinese movie directed by John Woo) and "Yes Man" starred by Jim Carrey. In between the two, I choose "Red Cliff" as the movie that I want to watch for my boring Sunday night. However.... things are always going as you planned. Somehow the "Red Cliff" was not able to read by my laptop. After few attempts to read it failed through... I decided to forget about the warfare, forget about romance of the three kingdoms and let Mr. Liar Liar to show his magic.

After watching "Yes Man", I would like to say "Yes, Yes.. I love Yes Man". To be frank, I was pleasantly surprised. I was expected this will be just another average comedy movie but obviously I was wrong. Yes Man was hilarous and delight to watch..... at least in my opinion.

Yes Man is in common "What if...?" sub-genre. This time around, Jim Carrey plays Carl, a lonely divorcee that has somehow pissed off even his best friend, Peter. Carl's life is sucks! He got a dead-end job at a bank, yearns for his ex-wife and spends his nights watching rented DVDs... all by himself. One day an old friend introduces him to a self-help program that based on a simple principle: Say yes to every things, anythings thrown to him. Carl's life changed in amazing way.

As expected, this say "Yes" to everything approach gets him into all kinds of wacky situation. For instance, having a steamy morning session with his horny elderly neighbor.. LOL; date a persian wife through an online service; partying all night whilst drinking countless cans of Red-Bull, introduces him to the extremely free-spirited scooter girl...Allison and etc. It look like being 100% "Yes" might be tricky at times... :P



"Yes Man" is not just hiralous... It is packed with great soundtrack too. I really like the song "Jumper" sang by Jim Carrey when he was trying to save the guy who want to suicide. And the song plays in Ducati scene is just another greak piece of work. As summary, "Yes Man" is the movie that I like and would recommend to anyone who want a great time with some excellent laughs and cool music.

0 comments:

 
Blogger Template Layout Design by [ METAMUSE ] : Code Name Gadget 1.1