Friday, March 13, 2009

French Crepe Cake


Yesterday was my sis-in law birthday. Hence my brother bought her a specially ordered cake which is the French crepe cake. I have no idea how this cake look like and how it different from those Japanese crepe since this is the first time I heard about this cake.

My sis-in law said the cake taste nice and this really make me drooling and can't wait for tasting it. Too bad it was about the dinner time and I can only take it after dinner. So not long after dinner.... I can't wait anymore and open up the fridge to cut a slice for myself. Ok... this is how the French cake look like....



It got at least 20 layers of whisper-thin crepes, caramelized on top to form a crisp sugar roof, bonded together by a creamy custard. The look alone already made me drool and at first bite... I had fall for this cake and it become one of my favorite treat. It taste nice, creamy but not so sweet and I really like the airy texture of the crepe layer.... simple say it is just lovely :)


0 comments:

 
Blogger Template Layout Design by [ METAMUSE ] : Code Name Gadget 1.1